These days, more and more people are looking towards nurturing self-care practices, including aromatherapy and beauty products. Hempseed Oil is the perfect relaxing ritual that’ll make your skin, hair, and soul at their most comfortable. There are many reasons to use the extract, such as its skin moisturising, hair rejuvenating, and mentally soothing qualities. For all these reasons and more, it’s no wonder why people are converting to hempseed oil as a key ingredient in their products. Let’s take a closer look in the following sections about hempseed oil, its benefits, uses, and recipes to do in everyday life.
What is a Carrier Extract?
Carrier extracts originate from the seeds and nuts of plants, which are used as the neutral foundation to pair with essential extracts. In comparison to essential extracts, carriers such as hempseed oil are used in marriage with other ingredients or even alone. They are highly potent ingredients, which just by themselves already have a variety of benefits involved. Instances of these carrier extracts include grapeseed, macadamia, jojoba, and, as noted here, hempseed oil. These extracts work to allow the essential extract to unlock its true capabilities, allowing it to be safely and effectively used topically. For this reason alone, it is used as a core ingredient in a range of aromatherapy and beauty products.
For its neutral properties and slight scent, carriers such as hempseed oil are perfect to pair with the intense aroma of essential extracts with a stronger aroma. It is the perfect complement to the essential extract, hence why it’s so necessary. There are many benefits that come with carrier extracts such as hempseed oil, ranging from an enhanced skin complexion, moisturised hair, and as a mood booster. Because of this range of benefits, you can see why hempseed oil is used predominately in skincare, hair care, cosmetics, and many other self-care-related products.
What is Hempseed Oil?
Hempseed oil is an extract that is distilled from the seeds of a plant which is created through cold pressing. While most people assume that this is the same as cannabis, it is largely different due to its amount of THC which is the chemical that makes you high. The concentration of THC in cannabis is high in comparison to hempseed oil which only has a small percentage of the chemical. For this reason, this extract can be used for aromatherapy purposes with even a rising number of businesses in the cosmetics and self-care industry are using hempseed oil as an ingredient in their products. It is a great plant for sustainability due to the fact that it can grow in large quantities with little water and can withstand pesticides. As it is abundant, being able to produce copious amounts of the plant, makes them perfect to use in products. Before, the cannabis plant was used to create soap, wood, preservatives, and many other items. Its widespread use has now made hempseed oil the perfect ingredient to add to beauty, skincare, aromatherapy, and many other applications.
What are the Benefits of Hempseed Oil?
Nourishing for the Skin
Hempseed oil is more known for its nutritional qualities you’d be surprised to know it also has skin purifying capabilities, providing a lovely coverage for any person looking to have a good complexion. As it is rich in vitamin E, this makes it perfect for its moisturising properties. These include high amounts of omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9. It is filled with a variety of essential fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins, which is, for this reason, is perfect to use in skincare recipes and products. For this reason, with its similar lipid profile to human skin, it has the ability to deeply penetrate the skin, leaving the complexion of the overall surface with a wonderful glow. This balances the skin’s oil production, ensuring the skin doesn’t overproduce oil, causing acne blemishes.
Hempseed oil is also claimed to help those with dry skin, which is why it is used in a variety of skincare products. You can use the extract as a moisturiser, as it allows the skin to absorb moisture but does not leave your complexion looking too greasy. Because of this, it is incredibly nourishing for the skin, perfect for giving your face and body an instant glow. Uses in skincare products include face cream, body lotions, moisturiser, massage oils, and even anti-aging products.
When it comes to your hair, hempseed oil adds lush to dry and brittle hair, giving it a more luscious appearance. As noted in the previous section, it is filled with a variety of essential minerals and vitamins, making it great for adding moisturiser to the hair. This makes it perfect for a hair serum treatment, great to use overnight or before the shower, to allow your strands to soak up all the good ingredients. One recommendation for treatment is to combine hempseed oil in addition to argan and rosemary extract to receive all the benefits possible. In this way, it is a staple ingredient in a variety of hair care products from shampoo, conditioner, serum, and much more.
- 2 teaspoons of jojoba extract
- 2 teaspoons of tea tree extract
- 2 tablespoons of glycerin
- 2 teaspoons of burdock root extract
- 4 teaspoons of hempseed oil
- 2-4 teaspoons potassium sorbate
- ¼ cup of boiling distilled water
- 10 drops of your chosen essential extracts
- 25 mL of castille liquid soap
- Add castille liqud soap to the hot distilled water.
- Add in potassium sorbate, glycerin, hempseed oil, and other essential extracts.
- Add to a glass bottle, shaking the ingredients to mix.
- Let it sit for a whole day to receive the full benefits.
- Shake each time before use. Perfect to leave in before a shower for 20-30 minutes in order for your hair to look luscious and smell beautiful.
- ½ teaspoon of Hempseed Oil
- ½ teaspoon of Coconut extract
- ½ of an Avocado
- ½ of a Banana
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. For a more thorough consistency, you can blend it.
- Store it in a mason jar and leave it in the fridge if you’re not using it right away.
- Before washing your hair, it’s best to wet the hair slightly and leave it in the hair mask for 20-30 minutes to receive the full benefits. Place it in a cap to allow the cuticles to open up and fully absorb the product.
- Simply wash it out and continue your hair wash routine as normal.
- 5-6 drops of your favourite essential extract, e.g., lime, sweet orange
- 2 teaspoons of coconut extract
- 2 teaspoons of potassium sorbate
- ¼ cup of hempseed oil
- Glass mason jar for storing
- Boiling water
- Melt the coconut extract using the double boiling method using a double boiler or pan if you don’t have one. If you were to use a pan, simply place the coconut extract in a tiny glass bowl and place it over a saucepan of boiling water until it melts to a liquid consistency.
- Add in the hempseed oil, potassium sorbate, and other essential extract ingredients, mixing it thoroughly.
- After the ingredients have been mixed, simply place it in a mason jar to solidify and use after showering or whenever you need moisturisation.