If you plan to install new windows and doors, you should know what benefits you will get by making your home more energy efficient.
Read about how to upgrade your home and join the Canada-wide discount program.
What Is Government Energy Rebate in Canada?
The Government of Canada is doing its utmost to make the lives of Canadians more comfortable and environment-friendly.
This decision was made because Canadian private houses are among the largest sources of carbon emissions (about 18 percent) across the country. This leads to glacier melting, affects the climate and species composition of flora and fauna.
For positive changes many residents should renovate their homes. But the cost of such modifications may be too expensive for some Canadians. Therefore, grants of up to $5,000 are offered to the citizens. These funds should be used to pay for an energy-saving renewal of the dwelling. It is also planned to provide up to $600 to assist in estimating household energy consumption.
It is estimated that the grants will cover most of the costs of 700,000 homeowners.
This was realized through Canada Greener Homes Grants, a grant program worth approximately $2.6 billion, which is planned to be spent over the next seven years.
For example, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Natural Resources Minister Seamus O’Regan note that these tools will help people replace old windows and doors with more modern ones, upgrade heaters, and install solar panels.
How the program will work:
- Those wishing to improve their accommodation must submit an online application.
- A certified consultant will perform an energy evaluation of your house. For this purpose, the specialist visits the dwelling and determines which energy-saving measures are among those eligible for the grant.
- If you decide to continue, then you must hire a licensed contractor who will perform all the upgrades.
- After completing and inspecting the quality of the work, the owner receives compensation.
To get the best energy-efficient windows and doors, check out Vinyl Light Windows & Doors.
It is a popular company that is highly demanded in Canada:
- More than 13 years of professional experience in this field.
- An excellent choice of high-quality modern products, which meets all requirements for energy-saving housing modernization.
- Low prices and high quality of all products.
- The right assembly ensures that the windows and doors you choose will last a long time.
- Operational service to our clients.
By trusting the upgrade of your home in this company, you can count on a personalized approach: all your wishes and requirements of Canada Greener Homes Grants will definitely be heard!
How Do I Apply for Energy Rebates in Ontario?
Let’s highlight window replacement in more detail. The GreenON program is available for this purpose in Ontario.
To participate, please note the following requirements:
- New windows should cost at least $500 each (together with the installation).
- Select only those windows with Energy Star Most Efficient icon.
- The contractors that will perform the replacement must be approved by GreenON Contractor and must also have a Window Wise certificate.
- The program is designed for detached houses, townhouses with no ownership, and two-apartment townhouses.
To apply, you must:
- Photograph your old windows.
- Call a team that meets all the above requirements.
- Take pictures of your new windows.
- Fill out a discount application on the GreenON Window Rebate website.
All you have to do is wait for your discount check from the Ontario government!