Once you get to invest in a new garage door, it is best that you know what to expect during the process of installation. Most homeowners would want to know how long the entire process of installation is likely to take and would want you to be in the know of the various complications which are common that might slow down the entire process.
Because of the complexity combined with the potential safety hazards, it is not recommended that you as someone who is not a professional, to handle the process of installing a garage door. After buying a quality, great garage door, you should allow professionals such as the DoReMi Garage Door Anaheim to install the door in the correct manner to be able to prevent any malfunctions or accidents.
Installation of the garage door
Having to install the garage door is a process which is multi-step that requires precision, paying attention to details and some technical knowledge. Before going ahead and installing, the professionals normally do an inspection to be able to confirm the size of the door. They also check to find out if there are any obstructions like fans, light fixtures, or outlets.
The potential obstructions will end up affecting the process of installation because the professionals will require taking them into their own consideration when they mount the motor and the track. Once they finish the inspection of the site, they are going to work with you in setting an appointment for installation.
During your appointment day, the professionals are going to remove and ensure to haul away the current door, installing the new one and setting up the opener thus your new door will be ready to go to the next level.
To ensure that everything goes on smoothly and that they get cleaned well on the site, the professionals will do the final walkthrough. You are free to ask any question before leaving to ensure that you have a good understanding of the new door which you are installing.
The process of what the door installers are going to do when they set up your new garage door includes the following:
- Installing the drive unit and attaching the track to it. The drive unit is what holds the motor which lowers and lifts the garage door.
- Connect all the sections of the track as per the proper track type. From the vertical lift to the standard radius, there are various options when it comes to the tracking.
- Attach the mounting brackets to the end of the track and the beam which is above the door opening. The mounting brackets distributes the pull from the motor which is across the door so that, one point doesn’t receive the entire pulling pressure.
- Attach the motor to a beam that is in the ceiling. The motor has to be attached in the correct center of the garage, and thus, the step requires that you have great precision.
- The wires of the motor have to be fed from the ceiling to the wall switch so that they are able to give it power.
- Install the infrared sensors. The infrared sensors help in protecting against objects or people that get stuck under the door. They are able to detect when there is an obstruction in the path from the ground to the door.
- Go ahead and connect the door of the garage to the opening system of the garage door.
While it might seem like a process which is quite simple on paper, the installation of the garage door might be quite dangerous if it is not performed by a professional. There are several precision, preparedness and know-how that go in the process. Having to install the garage door might end up becoming quite deadly in case the installer doesn’t have the right training and the correct years of experience.
The common complications when it comes to garage door installation.
Each garage door happens to come with a layout which is unique and certain complications. A professional will be able to allow the installation process to go on smoothly because they have the know-how of handling such challenges and are always expecting them to happen any time.
There are certain elements of the garage door which might prove to be quite deadly if they end up not being handled in a professional manner. If an amateur is the one adjusting the door, both linear or torsion springs, it might cause injuries which are quite severe or even death.