Retinol, Vitamin C, Rice Water, and Onion usually rank high on people’s wish lists for healthy hair care. These natural ingredients could make a noticeable difference in their skin and hair. However, a new kid on the block is creating a lot of buzzes these days- yes, it is niacinamide. This versatile ingredient has become one of the biggest selling points of skincare and hair care products such as hair growth serum , and it is playing a perfect lead role in the hair serum category nowadays.
Taking care of your health and appearance starts with the foods you consume and your used products. This is a particularly important habit to observe, especially if you are prone to hair care issues.
Skincare experts believe that niacin is a key ingredient to driving growth and maintaining optimal hair health. Enriched with Vitamin B3, this hair growth serum supports healthier and luscious hair, besides improving the general health of your well-being. We are writing this article to offer some more qualified information that you could use to have longer, shinier, healthier, and dandruff-free hair.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide, also called nicotinamide, is one of two major forms of Vitamin B3 (Niacin) found in supplements. Niacinamide is water-soluble, making it ideal for inclusion in topical products like a niacinamide serum.
It has a vital role in growing long, healthy, and strong hair because it improves blood circulation. Now, let’s get to know the benefits of niacinamide, as you can include it in your daily hair care regimen.
7 Benefits of using an Onion Scalp Serum
Plenty of antioxidants and vitamins find themselves the subject of a lot of beauty buzz. Whether you are trying to improve the moisture balance of your hair or like to improve the visible health of your scalp, here is what B3-containing products can do for your hair.
1. Improves the production of keratin:
Your hair shaft is made almost entirely of a protein called keratin. Therefore, its deficiency could lead to flat and lifeless hair that is difficult to manage. It might also be prone to frequent and excessive breakage.
Niacinamide could potentially increase protein synthesis by a significant margin, thus leading to higher keratin levels in the hair cells. Therefore, if you are searching for the best hair growth serum, you should verify the presence of Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 in it because it is the main structural component of your hair, nails, and outer layer of your skin.
2. Improves blood circulation to the scalp
Due to the hazardous effects of environmental pollutants and bad lifestyle habits, our hair follicles or roots may get blocked, thus leading to reduced blood flow and thinning of hair.
Niacinamide helps improve blood circulation, thus helping the hair follicles open and be more receptive to nutrition. Vitamin B3-rich Niacinamide serum can thus stimulate the growth of new hair.
3. Reduces scalp inflammation
Many skin orders can negatively inflame your scalp. If you want to treat skin orders such as acne, dandruff, and itchiness, opting for a vitamin B3-enriched hair growth serum could help manage inflammatory skin issues without any negative side effects.
If you apply hair serums with Biotin and Vitamin B3 regularly, it soothes your scalp with even greater anti-inflammatory effects.
4. Fortifies your lipid barrier
Your facial skin and scalp are in direct contact with the sun’s harmful UV rays. This could potentially harm your skin by drawing out essential oils and moisture from the skin cells. A safe and gentle Niacinamide-based hair growth serum applied topically can lock in these nutrients on the skin or hair shaft.
This ingredient also increases the production of ceramides (lipids) in your skin, which helps retain the water, thus providing a more youthful and healthy appearance.
5. Helps regulate oil production
Niacinamide is one of the most effective hair care ingredients for oily scalp. It slows down sebum production and enhances its excretion rates, thus controlling and limiting oil production.
Apart from building a healthy hair care regimen and treating your issues against hyperpigmentation, minimizing fine lines, wrinkles, the appearance of pores, niacinamide-rich hair growth serum also works perfectly to create a healthy skincare regimen, which offers a variety of improvements in skin’s appearance.
Improve your haircare routine with Mamaearth’s best hair serums
Offered by Asia’s first-ever MadeSafe-certified brand, Mamaearth offers two natural and highly effective hair care serums for daily use. They promise faster growth and improved results with regular usage.
Here are those excellent serums that you can try today:
6. Mamaearth Onion Scalp Serum with Onion and Niacinamide
Extra care and nourishment of our skin and hair go a long way. It makes our hair strong and shiny. Enriched with red onion, niacinamide, pea sprouts, and aloe vera extracts, it strengthens the hair, significantly reduces hair fall, and promotes a healthy scalp.
Onions are an excellent source of natural sulfur. This is why Mamaearth’s Niacinamide Serum prevents breakage and split-ends, thus promoting shinier and thicker growth. Let’s look at what is for you and how it benefits your hair health.
- Red Onion: Consisting of sulfur and antioxidants, it minimizes breakage and hair thinning, eliminating dandruff and boosting hair growth.
- Niacinamide: Also known as Vitamin B3 and our star ingredient, it plays a vital role in growing long and strong hair by stimulating blood circulation and enabling a faster absorption of nutrients. It helps build the natural texture and appearance by building Keratin by reducing flaking.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Backed by antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties, it reduces dryness on the scalp, conditions damaged hair, and prevents dandruff. It also deeply moisturizes and conditions the hair.
- Pea Sprouts: Rich in antioxidative properties, pea sprouts promote healthy hair growth by providing ample nutrients and strengthening hair follicles. They also revitalize the hair from root to tip.
7. Mamaearth Hair Serum with Onion and Biotin
With the goodness of onion seed extract, biotin, d-panthenol, olive oil, this niacinamide hair care serum reduces breakage, helps in improving hair quality, and increases thickness.
This hair growth serum deeply nourishes your hair roots with adequate nutrition and moisture. Let’s have a look at how it banks on the Goodness of Nature to offer the best hair care experience:
- Onion seed extracts: Backed by essential oils, it strengthens hair and provides overall shine.
- Biotin: A rich form of Vitamin B, which makes hair thick, strong, and healthy.
- Olive Oil: This oil helps nourish and moisturize hair from within and keeps the itchiness away.
- D-Panthenol: Known as Vitamin B5, it acts as a moisturizer that coats the hair and smoothens the hair shaft.
Summing it up
Powered by niacinamide, a natural ingredient, these are some of the best hair serums by Mamaearth that will treat your hair for a variety of problems and provide you shiny, healthier, and stronger hair. We also advise that you follow an active lifestyle (with adequate sleep cycles) and have a healthy diet to achieve the best results.