In the world of social media, where businesses flourish majorly through social media marketing, auditing your social media marketing campaigns has become significant. When you think of social media auditing, you often think of a hectic, lengthy and tiring process that leaves you scratching your head at the end of the day.
However, the social media audit process has been more straightforward with the advent and innovation in technology. Multiple automation software significantly reduces manual work and makes the auditing process quick, efficient, accurate, and reliable.
If yet, the thought of social media audits sounds troublesome to you, then you need to know some top-notch tips and tricks to make the process handy.
Social Media Audit- A Way to Flourish
In simple words, every small and big firm performs social media marketing. To track the progress and the loopholes of the campaign, you conduct an audit known as a social media audit. It is the perfect way to measure the effectiveness of your social media strategy, to improve and grab maximum opportunities if done rightly.
Six Simple Steps to Conduct A Social Media Audit:
Preferably, you can use automation software to complete the steps in a more simple, quick, and proficient manner. The basic simple steps include:
- Step 1: Write down all the social media accounts you are active on.
- Step 2: Analyze every account independently using good automation software for accurate results.
- Step 3: Set a value for each social media account and track the progress.
- Step 4: Keep the social media networks that work for you, keeping in mind ‘less is more’ if used strategically.
- Step 5: Renew your social media accounts. You can change the description, add a captivating profile picture, work on adding new links, etc.
- Step 6: Look for improvements to enhance the engagement.
The process is the same for all social media accounts, including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn. Nonetheless, if you want to be more vigilant on LinkedIn, here is the link you need to visit: https://blog.closelyhq.com/. The site consists of some of the best blogs to help your business stand out on LinkedIn.
Facing Difficulty in Conducting Social Media Audits? Here are the 28 Tips that You Must Read
- Before starting your social media audit, define the parameters of your success and set your goals precisely and vividly.
- Make use of the automation software available on the internet to understand your engagements, followers, impressions, demographics, growth rate, and ultimately the success of your campaign.
- Please spend some time understanding your target audience; it’s the online hours of your followers, their age, gender, preferences, location, etc.
- List down all your social media handles, not just the major ones but all those you have once created but never checked.
- Pick the best-performing social media accounts and invest your time and money in those.
- Filter the posts of the top platforms in the most popular to least popular order.
- Shift your focus from the most liked to the most engaging social media posts.
- Observe the most shared posts using automation software and keep track of them separately.
- Create a template that can be used over again, keep a log of different accounts to keep track of the stats.
- Set days to perform social media audits; you can conduct small audits twice a week, essential audits quarterly, and thorough audits every month.
- Conduct special audits whenever your company reaches a milestone or faces a crisis.
- Get into the depth of the insights that you receive from the automation software and remain thorough.
- Use the positive insights and build on them during your social media audit.
- Remain consistent in your content and context throughout all social media platforms.
- Make use of analytics available inside the social media applications.
- Pick the auditing team strategically for better results.
- Work smartly on the key areas rather than working hard in multiple areas.
- Look for upcoming social media marketing trends now and then.
- Observe seasonal trends and utilize them to your benefit.
- Track the insights over a set period to identify the months you have performed better and vice versa.
- Keep an eye on your competition.
- Audit both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Measure the time spent on your social media campaign and compare it with the results of the campaigns.
- Use social media automation software to make the data collection process more manageable.
- Consult the whole team to drive the conversions.
- Create a UTM strategy and remain persistent in it.
- Continue to remain objective throughout your auditing.
- Derive conclusions based on the data you receive in the audit.