NDA 2 2021 Exam is scheduled to be held on 14th November 2021. UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year for admission to the navy force, air force, and army. Candidates, who want to join the defense forces, have to qualify for this exam.
NDA exam is conducted in two-phase. The first phase is a written examination which is going to be held on 14th November 2021. The second one is the SSB interview. This exam is taken twice a year. There are a total of 400 vacancies this time.
Admit card for NDA 2 2021 exam will be released in October 2021. Exam centers for NDA 2 were increased by UPSC. Earlier, it was conducted in 41 cities, but now there are 75 centers all over the country.
Near about four lakhs of applications are received for this exam out of which around six thousand aspirants are called for the SSB interview.
|Exam||National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination (NDA & NA|
|Category||After 12 class|
|Duration||Five hours (General Ability Test (GAT): 2 ½ hours Mathematics: 2 ½ hours)|
|Syllabus||GAT: General knowledge, chemistry, general science, physics, English, current events, etc.
Mathematics: algebra, trigonometry, differential calculus, matrices and determinants, statistics and probability, geometry.
Two sections in the written examination are the general ability test and mathematics. The exam is of 900 marks and three marks for each question. The mathematics section consists of 120 questions while the general aptitude test consists of 150 questions. The standard of questions in the NDA exam is not very tough. The questions of the exam are basically of Class 11 and 12 levels.
NDA preparation for mathematics can be done through NCERT books of the 11th and 12th classes. The basic syllabus of mathematics is algebra, statistics, probability, matrices and determinants, vector algebra, differential calculus, and geometry.
For the mathematics section, you should know practical application and theory. There are some of the books that you can refer to for this:
- NCERT books of classes 11th and 12th
- Study Package MATHEMATICS NDA & NA Entrance Exam- Arihant
PAPER ANALYSIS FOR MATHEMATICS
- Many questions come from trigonometry, calculus, probability, quadratic equations, algebra, matrices, and determinants
- This section consists of 300 marks with 120 questions
- Aspirants should be clear with the goals.
- You should mark important topics and start studying from those topics
- Analyze last year’s question papers and try to understand the pattern of the paper
- Aspirants must learn tricks and tips to solve various questions
- Try to create notes of all the important topics
- Try to make charts for the formulas and paste them in your room
- Practice previous year’s question papers and mock tests.
- Don’t try to guess the answers as there is negative marking
- Try to refer to NCERT books of classes 11 and 12
- Try to focus on the easy parts like statistics but you have to be careful regarding the figures
- Some of the important topics are vector algebra ( practice questions from cross-product and vector product) and probability (practice questions from the binomial distribution, Bayes theorem, and elementary theorem)
- Practice the conversion of numbers from decimal to binary system
- There are some tricky questions like trigonometry. Your focus should be on inverse trigonometric function and properties of triangles.
- During the last days, devote 3-4 hours to revise the formulas and important concepts.
- Don’t waste time on difficult questions.
STRATEGIES THAT SHOULD BE FOLLOWED:
- First of all, try to make an NDA study plan. Prepare a rough time-table, so that none of the topics is left untouched.
- Then your second step will be to analyze your syllabus.
- Then try to find the best study material. You can go for NDA ONLINE PREPARATION. It will save your time and will provide you flexible hours to attend classes that are anytime at your home.
- Make notes of important topics and formulas.
- Solve previous year’s papers and mock tests so that you become familiar with the type of questions. And this will also help you to finish your paper on time.
- Try to feel relax, don’t be panic, or don’t overthink about the exam. Everything will be good.
All the Best!