(Review of Huawei MateBook D15, notebook, work cable, Ryzen 5 chip, USB Type C charging, great work)
If you think of the Huawei brand, many people would think of a smartphone brand rather than a notebook brand. But did you know that Huawei has begun marketing notebooks in our home for a while since the MateBook 13 model in 2020, with the latest in early 2021, this time it has launched the matebook d15, which this time comes at a very attractive price of only 10,999.00R, which the team had the opportunity to catch and test How will the review inside be? Let’s go and see.
Read more: gaming laptop stand
HUAWEI MATEBOOK D15 BASIC SPECS
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3500U
- GPU: AMD Radeon VEGA 8 (onboard)
- RAM: 8GB DDR4 (Dual Channel Embedded Board)
- Storage: SSD m.2 PCIe 256GB + HDD 1TB
- Display: 6″ Full HD IPS, 16:9 aspect ratios, thin bezel
- Interface: USB-A 3.0 x 1, USB-A 2.0 x 2, USB-C PD x 1, HDMI and Headset– 3.5mm x 1
- Network: Wireless 801.22ac 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0
- Webcam: 1MP (720p HD)
- Size: 8 x 229.9 x 16.9 mm
- Weight: 62 kg
- Color: Space Gray
- OS: Windows 10 Home + Office 365
- Warranty: 2 years
Catch the first glance, if you don’t know the specification or price before, think that this Huawei MateBook D15 notebook costs more than 30,000 baht for sure because of the assembly and materials that look too good for the price. The body is all metal, dark gray, Space Gray, keeping the corners, keeping the edges of the details. Considered very neat, the edge of the screen is thin, with a screen-to-body ratio of up to 87%.
- The back cover is metal, simple design, minimal style, no pattern, smooth surface, easy to grip, not fingerprints. With a beautiful Huawei logo in the middle, the flip axis is a large single axis in the middle. The front of the machine is grooving in the middle for using mobile phones to open and close the folding cover. Which when lifting the flip up-down, it feels that the clamshell is soft, smooth and stronger than general notebooks at the same price. No any quivering symptoms.
- There is a Windows sticker on the underside of the device indicating that this machine has genuine Windows along with the AMD Radeon sticker that is the onboard graphics card. The rubber under the machine is considered quite thick and large. Help to raise the device to a high enough level. There is a longitudinal cooling channel. Including 2 stereo speakers, 2W each on the bottom as well
- The keyboard of the Huawei MateBook D15 is simple, no backlit and no Numpad. The keypad is quite shallow. The sound of the keyboard presses is not as loud. Fast touch typing works well. Typing is fun. The touchpad can be used smoothly as usual. The power button is located in the upper right corner with a built-in fingerprint scanner button.
- As for the hot air outlet, it is hidden under the axis of the flip cover, with 1 fan, helping to make the device smaller than a typical 15.6-inch screen notebook that puts an air vent on the back of the machine or on the side. Overall, both the design work and the assembly work are considered better than other brands. In the market at the same price quite a lot.
For the connection port of the Huawei MateBook D15, it is considered to be just enough. On the left side of the device are a USB Type C PD used to charge the device and transmit data, USB 3.0 Type A and HDMI; while on the right side is USB 2.0 Type An x2 and a 3.5 mm headset jack.
Initially, if you look at the Huawei MateBook D15 specification, you will immediately know that this machine is not a gaming notebook but is a working line notebook which uses the usual basics, document work, surfing the web, watching movies, listening to music Of course, it can flow without problems. Turn on the device and use it immediately because there is a genuine Windows 10 Home built-in Plus, the machine has the advantage that it has a normal 2.5-TB HDD, not worried about the capacity being full. Easy to carry around with the machine weighing only 1.62 kg, it is considered light weight. Importantly, the 65W to USB PD charging adapter is small, compact, and easy to carry and comes with a USB C to C charging cable that supports up to 3.3A of power. The use of the webcam is a Pop-up type, where the camera is hidden between the F6 and F7 buttons. To use it, press the camera to pop up. Deactivate, press down, and close normally help make the privacy more. But the view of the camera that is taken is a bad angle So many people may not like it as much. The power button will come with a fingerprint scanner on the right side. Tested and used to scan quickly, very fast.
Huawei MateBook D15 sold in our home will use the specification as AMD Ryzen 5 3500U, speed 2.1 – 3.7 Ghz, 4 Core/ 8 Thread size 12nm, the onboard graphics card is AMD Radeon VEGA 8, the RAM of the device will be On Board 8GB. DDR4 bus 2400 Dual-Channel The speed test result of the internal SSD m.2 PCIe is from Samsung, with a Read of 3482.91 MB/s and Write at 1637.78 MB/s, which is quite good. In addition, the machine comes with a regular 1TB 5400 RPM 2.5 HDD that is owned by WD. Next the battery performance test. By the team connected to WiFi, watching YouTube, adjusting the screen brightness about 25%, the result shows that it can be used at a maximum of 6 hours 9 minutes together, which is considered normal for a laptop working in this price range.
From overall use, this Huawei MateBook D15 can be considered to be of good use, perfect for people who want a work notebook that needs a large screen. A budget of ten thousand quite a lot both in terms of assembly work to be honest is hard to find in a notebook of this price. Charging is also via USB Type C, eliminating the need to carry bulky adapters, and many specs look good. What stands out more than anyone is that Samsung’s m.2 PCIe NVMe SSD has a read value of about 3500 MB / s, with the Huawei Share feature only However, for the Huawei MateBook D15, there are some observations that the device has quite a few connection ports, no SD Card, no Lan port, so if we need to have to buy a Hub to add, the keyboard has no lights, no Numpad, no Page Up button. , Page Down frustrates anyone who uses these things. With the use of the fn button is quite strange than other notebook models is the fn button is the power button – off. What is the function of the F1-F12 keys at the top?
Premium Assembly Much better than general notebooks in the same price range plus no fingerprints.
- The overall specification is considered okay, including Ryzen 3500U + Ram 8GB + SSD m.2 PCIe 256GB with a 2.5 1TB HDD included.
- 6″ Full HD IPS slim edge screen, clear from every angle
- Pop-up camera adds more privacy
- Charging via USB Type C type PD
- Comes with genuine Office 365 (** valid for 1 month)
- The finger scan button works quickly and accurately.
- Easy to carry with only 1.62 kg body weight
- No Lan port and SD Card Reader
- Can’t upgrade more Ram
- It is sold exclusively online
For those who are interested in ordering now, JD Central has opened a new pre-order with a bag, a wireless mouse and a discount. The price is considered quite well.