Amazon Ads Vs Google Ads Vs Facebook Ads: What Are The Pros & Cons?
When confronted with three different types of ads, it can get confusing over which one is better. Read the following article to find out!
In a digital world, any business would benefit from featuring their companies online. Taking advantage of virtual platforms allows you to reach out to a wider customer base, influence their shopping behaviors, increase revenue, and boost brand awareness.
But with various ad placement options to choose from, you may experience some difficulties trying to pinpoint the best approach. Especially when it comes to three ad giants, namely Amazon Ads, Google Ads, and Facebook Ads, the decision can even be more nerve-racking.
If you need a bit of advice, let’s check out the analysis below before arriving at a conclusion!
Amazon Ads originate from Amazon itself – the world’s largest e-commerce platform. Ever since its introduction in 2012, this service has become the lifesaver of more than millions of sellers.
Focusing mostly on specific listings and brand names, Amazon Ads help businesses to discover more consumers, create larger traffic, and double down on the growth rate.
By using several ad types, including Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brand, and Sponsored Display, an Amazon PPC campaign creates plenty of space for retailers to take advantage of.
- It is versatile for different business goals: Do you want to expose your products to more potential shoppers? Go for Sponsored Products.
Are you interested in creating an impression with your target audience and reinforcing the corporate identity program?
Sponsored Brand would be your best bet. Is upselling and a higher conversion rate your desire? Sponsored Display is more than willing to assist.
Whatever you seek to do with your Amazon business, their diverse Fb ad management types can easily live up to your expectations.
- It is economical if used wisely: Amazon Ads function is based on a pay-per-click framework, which only charges you an amount of money every time someone clicks on your sponsored content. Thus, you do not have to waste your resources on unnecessary impressions.
- It is reserved only for Amazon products: As the name already indicates, Amazon ads work best if your business is Amazon-based. Therefore, any other firms or enterprises outside of this platform cannot utilize this feature.
- It is newer to the ad market and harder to master: Among the three ad types mentioned in this article, Amazon Ads is the youngest one. Therefore, relevant knowledge and information are rather limited. If you want to understand the ins and outs of Amazon Ads, more time and effort are required.
Facebook remained a social media website until 2007 when Mark Zuckerberg decided to incorporate ad-running services. Despite initial doubts over the suitability of ads on social media, Facebook Ads has proven to be both lucrative and efficient.
In 2020, ad revenues made up for nearly 84.2 billion dollars of Facebook’s overall profit, illustrating how desirable this ad type is.
- It provides multiple target options: On Facebook, you can micro-target, re-target, or even target lookalike audiences. This gives you enough freedom to figure out the best way to appeal to your customers.
- It can boost your brand awareness if the content is viral: Since Facebook ads are placed directly on the scrolling feed and are sharable, you can always try to create a hit.
If people find your post interesting, engaging, or funny in any way, they would end up tagging friends or sharing back to their timeline, etc. No extra cost is needed here while your ad is more widespread than anticipated.
- It can only reach Facebook users: As your ads are circulated within the platform itself, there is no way non-Facebook users would see your sponsored content.
- It has misreported metrics: While this situation is not the norm, many businesses have complained about getting the wrong numbers regarding how their ads perform.
Facebook tends to inflate the views and clicks to make sure customers stay satisfied with their service when the reality is not that positive. Therefore, calculating the effectiveness of Facebook ads can be challenging.
Google Ads has been in existence for the longest time, up to 21 years.
Given the unsurpassable popularity of Google as a search browser, it should be no surprise as to why this remains the most sought-after ad type. Google is also more flexible in its application, which can cater to the needs of virtually everyone.
- It can be used for many entities: Google Ads is not limited to selling products and advertising businesses alone.
From civil organizations calling for attention, newly released movies attracting more viewers, to influencers’ blogs expanding their impact scale, governments issuing rules and regulations, the platform can host them all.
- It brings in results within the shortest time frame: If you are short on time and would like your campaign to be effective immediately, Google Ads is the perfect place to feature your ads. The immense number of users here would translate to lots of leads once your ads are officially online.
- It can be extremely expensive: There are nearly 3.5 billion searches on Google per day, and not every search intent fits what you have in mind for your ads.
Since people turn to Google as a place to seek for answers, they might put in useless questions that happen to contain your keywords. If a user randomly clicks on your ads without converting, the cost involved is substantial.
At the end of the day, there is no saying which ad type is the best for your business. Depending on what you look for in each campaign, you will have to evaluate the pros and cons of each platform and stick to the one that delivers the highest level of compatibility.
But in case you want professional advice on what to do and how to choose a suitable ad type, check out Olifant Digital and see what it has to offer!